Kivu seeks an experienced Human Resources Director to support the firm’s growth and assist in recruitment, retention and employee development as the company expands. The position is located in the firm’s Washington DC office.
Our team of experts covers a wide range of assignments, including:
- Analyzing data breaches, determining the cause and extent of data loss, and advising on immediate and long-term remediation;
- Providing pre-breach services including risk assessments, IR plans and pen-testing in a wide range of industries including healthcare and fin-tech;
- Handling complex computer forensics investigations and providing expert witness testimony
Human Resources Director Job Responsibilities:
Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Responsible for strategic HR projects that are meant to make the company better. These include initiatives to keep employees healthy, training programs to ensure that they are building career experiences and building company culture.
Human Resources Director Job Duties:
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Talent acquisition – quickly, consistently, and efficiently convert new hires into engaged, empowered, productive, and billable employees. Establish a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and suggesting employee training and development strategies
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions; tying compensation to performance based on quantifiable goals.
- Maximizing existing talent potential Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Formalize our mentor program – develop explicit development milestones and provide regular feedback. Manage out individuals who do not meet performance hurdles.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal, state and international requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Human Resources Director Skills and Qualifications:
Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 6-8+ years of Human Resources experience with work related to Canada and Europe a plus
- Systems savvy with strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, team player, positive attitude and desire to improve morale and operations
- Prior experience building internal HR department a plus
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
This is an entrepreneurial role within an established company that provides the opportunity to support Kivu’s leadership team.
Do you seek a higher impact role? Do you enjoy building? Tired of big-company bureaucracy, red tape and politics? Want to see your ideas implemented? Then you should consider this role.
The position is full-time. Compensation will include an attractive base salary, incentive compensation and full benefits.
Please email a resume and detailed cover letter (outlining how you fit the above requirements) to John Garrison, CFO at firstname.lastname@example.org