Vice President, Product and Software
Salary Range/Compensation: $190,000 Base.
Reports to: Chief Operation Officer
Location: TBD – Preferably Washington DC
Start Date: Feb 1st, 2020
Cyber threats are rising in both volume and sophistication every day. Traditionally, Cyber defense has been at a disadvantage- attackers needed to succeed just once while defenders had to protect a large, ever-expanding attack surface 24×7. No amount of people can mine through all your security and IT data to detect modern threats, and respond quickly to contain attacks. Moreover once a company has been infiltrated, infected, ransomed or otherwise compromised, the task of security rises dramatically.
By providing unique & technically best in class professional and managed cybersecurity solutions, Kivu is focused on responding to cyber incidents world-wide, including analyzing attacks, securing systems, and restoring our clients’ operations. Kivu intends to grow to be the best provider of insurance & legal- sourced cybersecurity response solutions with a true global capability.
We believe that companies which have experienced a cybersecurity disruption should have access to world-class and innovative cyber restoration and recovery services. These services should be fast, high quality, comprehensive and be provided at a powerful value. We believe that customers should be able to return to enjoying their digital experiences as fast as possible from anywhere. Our purpose is to restore the freedom to operate regardless of the hurdles whether these issues were a result of security failures, cyber disasters or cyber-attacks.
Our solution consists of a combination of Professional and Managed response, forensics, remediation and recovery services to get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible. We have unique and patented technologies and superior intellectual & certified personnel along with geographic reach to accomplish this mission. In addition we are certified as a Money Service Broker which provides a near-exclusive capability to assist with cyber extortion situations.
Building a world class consulting organization and integrating next generation technical capabilities for forensics, cyber threat intelligence, and response across multiple technologies is not feasible for many organizations. However, Kivu’s VP Products and Software Services is designed to help bridge this gap by delivering advanced consulting solutions from cybersecurity responses, forensics, intelligence and advanced expert witness testimonies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Vice President of Product and Software Services is tasked with leading all elements of this service line including the following:
- Managing overall product and service management including the innovation cycles and roadmaps for the portfolio
- Assist with the prioritization of initial feature development and iterative enhancements
- Conduct and present analytical conclusions to product expectations and usage patterns
- Prioritize issues so that the most critical are addressed first; champion the essential
- Discover problems in the market by interviewing customers and untapped potential customers
- Challenge existing processes; envision and implement better ones
- Build collaborative and relational equity; become the evangelist of our Product to support both internal stakeholders as well as the client
- Actively manage overall product and take appropriate actions to improve product and product line efficiencies & performance (revenue, retention & growth, customer satisfaction)
- Monitor P&L position of product relative to business plans and corporate projections, and create recovery plans as required in conjunction with General Manager and other management
- Aid in the development of materials necessary to support Sales & Marketing teams to ensure product value propositions and positioning are understood and communicated appropriately
- Maintain market awareness (competitors, market conditions & activities, key & potential customers)
- Develop business cases for potential opportunities (partnerships, product solutions), including market sizing, market segmentation, financial analysis (ROI), and pricing
- Taking ownership of all of the current Service-Line Go-to-Market, Deliverables and Customers and executing to the highest level possible. This includes indepth knowledge of Forensics, Computer Response, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Networks, Operating Systems, Data stores and cloud to include trouble-shooting, deployments, reporting, training, and delivery options
- Managing all of the Service Lines and Innovation within the company. This includes establishing & maintaining a Service Line Description (features / benefits / delivery methodology / automations / tool selections)
- Establishing & Maintaining Service Line Overall General Management and Pricing Scenarios / Books
- Establishing & Maintaining Service Line Margin Structure
- Establishing & Maintaining Service Line SLA creation and Maintenance
- Establishing & MaintainingService Line Integrations and Bundling concepts with other Kivu products / services (e.g. KECT, etc)
- Establishing & Maintaining Service Quality
- Establishing & Maintaining Expansion of the Service including new features, evolved architectures, new GTMs, and conceptualizing new service lines
- Establishing & Maintaining Competitive Battlecards and Competitive Positioning Statements
- Establishing & Maintaining Customer Experience Results
- Establishing & Maintaining Different Concepts in Delivery Options – – including use of external partners
- Tech Savvy
- Commitment to Overall Kivu Strategy
- Ability to motivate a team
- Analytical skills
- Financial management
Supervisory Responsibility Viewed from the executive level…
- VP Products and Software is meant to live with a very small staff and budget versus Consulting Operations and Managed Services. This gives the VP P&S some implied neutrality in the great budgetary and reorganization battles that tear companies apart. You get to ask “how should we be organized for success?” without being accused of empire building. Ideally, the CEO (or business unit manager) wants your unbiased opinion.
- You sweat the business’ overall success. Are you missing key segments, or being outflanked by new competitors, or stuck in an old business model? What are the important (cross-product) decisions that will drive longer-term revenue?
- You live cross-functionally, constantly getting SL-level feedback about individuals and teams. Your ideas for improvements are non-denominational. You’ve built up peer credibility
- You know that functional teams naturally think first about their own needs. (“What’s good for Engineering must be good for the company.”) You and your SLs spot inconsistencies among goals, schedules and incentives. Maybe Business Development is targeting prospects that don’t fit the current product, etc.
- You’re part of the Corporate Strategy team, since you know these often lack detailed, real-world customer input and the
- In other words, you’re working broad structural and human issues in order to enable delivery of great products. Business focus trumping personal politics.
Required Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors in Business, Computer Science, or comparable training/work experience
- 8+ years Product Management experience, including defining and successfully launching software SaaS solutions
- Experience developing, managing and evolving complex products in both B2B and B2C markets
- 8+ years in a manager role, managing a team of Product Managers
- Strong leader, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time
- Familiar with traditional and modern security and customer service processes.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Consulting/legal industry experience strongly desired.
Software and Computer Knowledge
- Microsoft Office in the windows environment
- MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- MS Outlook, Sharepoint & Forms
- MS Teams & Skype
Other Software & Programs
- Elastic, Rubrik, and Endgame and other SIEM and EDR solutions
- Online training platforms (both training delivery and management)
- AWS, Google Cloud, Azure and other public cloud resources
- Adobe Acrobat (Standard, Professional, Reader)
- Online sharing and storage platforms necessary for establishing a Training & Knowledge Center
Kivu Consulting Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please email a resume and detailed cover letter (outlining how you fit the position’s requirements) to: email@example.com