Shawn Melito will be presenting, International Data Breach Response: A Primer, at the upcoming IAPP Canada Pivacy Symposium in Toronto.
With the Digital Privacy Act/Bill S-4 amending PIPEDA and the GDPR coming into effect in May of 2018, both the Canadian and the international data breach response landscape is quickly changing. Find out from three seasoned breach response veterans: What your potential personal information, data security, legislative and risk exposures are; How to identify a multitude of privacy breaches; How to quickly respond and investigate properly; What special services you may need to provide, and what regions they may or may not be available in.
What you’ll take away:
- Breach-specific legal update and analysis on international privacy laws (GDPR, etc.)
- Digital forensic tactics and considerations when handling a cross-border investigation
- International service offerings for data breach response (mail/email notifications, call center, credit monitoring, etc.)
With so many critical privacy issues facing you this year and so much uncertainty on the international horizon, Symposium could not be happening at a better time. We’re thrilled to join our fellow privacy pros in Toronto for the 10th Annual Canada Privacy Symposium, and our lineup promises to deliver.
- The leading experts in Canadian privacy
- More intensive sessions, tackling the issues you’re facing today
- Countless ways to earn continuing education credits and bolster your credential
- New networking opportunities
- Our first French-language session
- And back by popular demand: The Commissioners’ Game Show!
Don’t miss the premier event in Canadian privacy! With sold-out attendance for the last four years, and a superior program in store, seats will go fast. Secure yours today!
DATE / TIME
Workshops May 16 | Conference May 17–18
Metro Toronto Convention Centre and InterContinental Hotel in downtown Toronto
More information here